Saturday, May 19, 2007

Portal of Articles and Information

I blog because people read!

I have some other successful blogs, but wanted to make one that has more information than I am able to produce just from my own experiences. Also - I'm not an expert at many things that I have interest in. One thing I have a LOT of interest as well as EXPERIENCE with - but am no expert about - is the area of Alcoholism and Addiction.

I have been successful in my desire to abstain from alcohol and drug use for 3 years, however, I still make a lot of mistakes in my behaviors, speech, and thinking. Nothing so far that has led me back to drinking and drugging, and I am thankful for that, but previously, I only thought to add information about MY OWN recovery to any blog that I produce.

I wanted to DO MORE to offer information other than ONLY what I can attest to. In effect, I wanted to offer more of the 'service' part of the 12 Step programs that I believe have helped me in my own Recovery. In this, I also have wanted to gain that information from a reasonable and trusted source, so I went to the Hazelden organization and asked them if I could make an article 'portal' - a place where others can access good information about addiction, alcoholism, drug abuse, behavior corrections, family issues, recovery, and any related topics.

I read Hazelden material quite regularly myself, and thought it fitting to blog about the organization because I try to put into action, the things I learn from the Hazelden material.

Since Hazelden has an interest in promoting information, they have agreed to allow me to post articles from the site to my blog, and so I am dedicating this blog - aside from the other blog about 'addiction' that I post to - just to approved articles.

I am working on gaining articles from other sources as well, and will offer 12-step and Alternative-To-12-Step information and articles, Mental Health and Behavioral Health issue and-other-related-items material, too - so check back often.

If you are interested, you can check out my other blog, Clean Time For Dummies, and let me know what you think. It is a less formal blog than I intend this one to be, but I strive to post quality information (in between the fun and gags) at Clean Time For Dummies, too.

Why would I toot my own horn, mentioning my other blog?

Well that's an interesting question.

The answer:

* 'cos I'm still an addict (though not 'active')
* 'cos I'm not perfect
* 'cos I still have an ego
* 'cos my other blog ROX
* 'cos THIS IS STILL MY BLOG even if I have to conduct myself more formally, according to how Hazelden approves, so that I can offer Hazelden material here
* cos the other blog has some GOOD but QUESTIONABLE material on it that I won't put here
* 'cos I am not going to put a bunch of Hazelden stuff at my other location but you should STILL VISIT the other blog to see if you like it
* 'cos I am not going to put the 'Spiders On Drugs' video on this more serious blog but you should still go to Clean Time For Dummies to see a funny video that will make you say

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

And lastly,

Because I can!!

:)





No comments: