Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This is About ME

Okay - so you're looking around for information about 'Addiction' '12-step links' 'Recovery' 'Alcoholism' or something of the sort and

BAM

Up comes

"Addiction and Recovery Information Portal"

A BLOG...whoopee.

So you figure it's going to be another one of those WHINY, PERSONAL, single-minded Recovery Blogs from some half-wit IDIOTSTICK in the early stages of Recovery - who just HAS TO TELL PEOPLE how to do things 'cos they've been sober for a whole 90 days and have 3 keychains, a half-dozen 12-Step medallions and the like...

HAHA

WRONG!

That's not what this blog is about at all.

I wanted to make a place where the information is SERIOUS (most of the time) for people who are looking for GOOD INFORMATION about Alcoholism, Addiction, Recovery and other related topics.

So who am I?

I am recovering addict/alcoholic with a mere 3 Years of Clean Time under my belt. I DO NOT contact my sponsor as often as I should, I DO NOT attend enough meetings, I do NOT live a perfect life...

...but I am Clean and Sober, dedicated to my Recovery. I adhere to 12 Step Principles as much as possible.

Also - I DO NOT only contact my sponsor when I feel like I am having a CRISIS!
(I will also contact my sponsor when things are A-okay - and will contact other 'sponsor-like' friends to see HOW THEY ARE DOING! Just for the heck of it!)

I DO NOT just go to meetings when I feel like I am having a CRISIS!
(I drop by sometimes, to see who's there, see who's sharing, see what's up on a damn and freaking GOOD DAY!)

AND

I DO NOT trash other programs that are not AA/12-Step related.
(I really enjoy such literature as Kasl's 16-Step material, various Native Spiritual/Recovery literature, and even some ANTI-12-Step Literature - which keeps me ON GUARD against those who might develop, then pass on to me - heavy 12-Step biases and quirks that don't really belong to 'The Principles' of Recovery.)

It's all good, my friends!

I am a mother, sister, peer, classmate, daughter, auntie, friend, and I am NOT A LOVER because my plant died
(My cat ROX tho' and together we decided we didn't need no wimpy stick-in-the-mud plant...that's what my plant looked like 'bout 5wks after I got the cat - like a li'l stick in mud)

HAHA

Where was I?

I'll start again - I am a mother, sister, peer, classmate, daughter, auntie, friend, ex-wife (LOL thank GAWD), writer, editor, researcher, philosopher, comedian (yes, those two things go together really well - philosophy and comedy woo hoo), cook, recovering addict and.....well face it, sometimes I am a bytch too, but only when I have to be!

And I am many, many other things, too...

You can see WHY I have choosen to support the Hazelden and Alive & Free organizations and use their SERIOUS ARTICLES on this blog instead of professing to know it all and fill this space with ONLY MY IDEAS...

'cos - factually - I am not a very serious person much of the time

And I don't have wonderful ah-hah-providing, fact-based information in my head about recovery, ready to convey at a moment's notice most of the time.

I'm just someone who is checking out PATHWAYS
There are many
Sometimes I can't get OVER the obstacles on certain pathways and I have to look for another ROUTE...the idea of stayin on ONE PATHWAY and FOCUSING on that forever is LUDICROUS - or LUDACRIS, however you wanna play with that...

So I keep a blog, elsewhere, called CLEAN TIME FOR DUMMIES - which is a better indication of my life in Recovery but it doesn't always have the most pertinent or serious topics going on, if you know what I mean.

Anyhow - that's almost enough ABOUT ME

I have more articles to read, more permissions to gain, more work to do.

Oh and by the way - yes, part of the reason I maintain these blogs is because my recovery is ALL ABOUT ME!

:)

Nobody else is going to do my Recovery for me or keep me clean and sober. Writing about Recovery-related topics, reading articles and deciding upon what 'goes on the blogs' is helpful for me in my Recovery.

I'm lucky because when I blog, I get to uncover information in my searches - that a lot of other people just aren't stumbling across.

It's fun

But that's enough About ME!


No comments: